Serving Size: 8 servings
- 2 cups (300 grams) defrosted frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Berrylicious Blend from Unicorn Superfoods
- 3 1/2 cups (425 grams) bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Water, as needed
1. Begin by blending the defrosted blueberries and Berrylicious Blend until you achieve a smooth mixture. Add water gradually until you have a total of 1 1/2 cups of liquid.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the mixed blueberries, sugar, and yeast. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Then, stir in the bread flour and salt using a spoon. The resulting dough will be loose and sticky. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise overnight for approximately 12-13 hours.
3. The following morning, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a Dutch oven with its lid inside the oven to heat for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Transfer the dough onto a well-floured piece of parchment paper. As the dough will still be sticky, sprinkle it with flour to prevent it from sticking to your fingers.
5. Gently fold the outer edges of the dough towards the center to form a ball. Flip it over and cover it with a kitchen towel until the Dutch oven is hot.
6. Carefully remove the hot Dutch oven from the oven. Remember, it will be extremely hot. Remove the lid and delicately lift the bread using the parchment paper. Place the bread inside the Dutch oven, and cover it with the lid. Bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove the lid and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Allow the bread to cool for approximately 30 minutes before slicing.
8. This bread is best enjoyed when freshly baked, but it can be stored for up to two days. Slice and freeze any leftovers to extend their shelf life.
Note: This recipe contains ingredients known for their anti-inflammatory properties and offers a delicious way to incorporate them into your diet.