top of page
Marquette County Michigan
This monumental structure inspired Judge J. W. Stone to include the following passage in his 1904 dedication address. As we rededicated the Marquette County Courthouse his words still ring true.
stone“….This beautiful structure, this temple of justice, is to stand here as a monument to government, to law and order, as distinguished from anarchy lawlessness and disorder…..Its presence here cannot fail to have a salutary influence upon the people old and young, rich and poor. And, if a thing of beauty is a joy forever, its appeal to our sensibilities will ever make us glad.”
Hon. J. W. Stone, 1904
bottom of page